Our experienced divorce attorneys specialize in family law, offering expert guidance in divorce proceedings, child custody, property division, and more. We provide personalized solutions tailored to your unique needs and will handle your case with care and diligence. Contact our top-rated divorce lawyers in Paarl or Kroonstad for a confidential consultation and let us navigate you through the divorce process with professionalism and compassion.

Contact Us


Contemplating Divorce?

In the unfortunate event of divorces, we can assist with the following solutions:

  • Family mediation
  • Contested or uncontested divorces
  • Drafting of settlement agreements
  • Issuing and serving of summons
  • Assistance in the transferring of property and other immovable property as per the parties’ agreement
  • Custody and maintenance disputes

What is an uncontested divorce?

An uncontested divorce is where both spouses want a divorce and are willing to agree to the terms thereof. There must be agreement regarding the division of property, the care and contact arrangements in respect of the children and regarding maintenance obligations. We specialize in uncontested divorces, offering a service that is fast, affordable and easy to follow.

How long will the uncontested divorce take?

An uncontested divorce can be finalized in a few months. As Sadler Inc. specializes in uncontested divorce matters, we can finalize divorces in as little as 3 – 7 weeks. This is significantly faster than the contested divorce process which can take many months, even years, to finalize.

How does the uncontested divorce process work?

There are 4 steps:

  1. Complete our online divorce application form,
  2. Pay the fixed rate (minimum requirement: payment of deposit),
  3. Sign the divorce papers and
  4. Attend on the court date.

What documents do I need to start the uncontested divorce process?

All law firms must take appropriate steps to verify the identity of clients before rendering legal services to them. This is a requirement in terms of the Financial Intelligence Centre Act 38 of 2002 (“FICA”).

After you have submitted your online application, we will request the following documents from you:

  • Copy of your marriage certificate,
  • Copy of your antenuptial contract (if any),
  • Proof of ID,
  • Proof of address and

Where can I get a copy of my marriage certificate?

You can go to your nearest Home Affairs Office to request a new copy. The process only takes a few minutes, depending on the length of the queue. Take you ID document and R20 with you.

Contested Divorce

If you can’t agree on an uncontested divorce, your attorneys will have to fight it out for you. A divorce is contested when the parties are not able to agree on the division of their assets, and, when minor children are involved, who will be awarded primary care (custody) and what amount of maintenance, if any, will be paid to the spouse and/or the children. It is then usually left to the court to decide how to deal with the issues in dispute. A contested divorce may take anywhere between three months and three years to conclude.

In contested divorce cases we work on an hourly rate which we agree on with our client's in advance.

In a contested divorce, the costs are variable, time based and heavily dependent on the conduct of the parties A divorce action is instituted by the issuing of a summons. A divorce summons is unique in that it must be served personally on the defendant.

View our other services here

We use cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to browse, you agree to our use of cookies